Friday, July 4, 2014

Fancy "Grilled Cheese" with Tomatoes and Basil

I love gardening so much, but right now my basil is coming in like crazy, so I have to find new ways to work it into foods!
To make this fancy grilled cheese you will need


Goat cheese
Feta cheese
Fresh minced garlic (I used two pieces of a clove ~2 t)
Ground black pepper
Tomatoes diced (I used one garden tomato--big and round and one Roma)
Fresh basil!! cut into ribbons ( I used about 20 leaves or 1/3 c)
Spinach
Whole wheat bread
Olive oil


Once the garlic is minced, tomatoes are diced and the basil is cut into ribbons, you can heat up your pan. Coat the pan in a thin layer of olive oil and place the pieces of bread on it. On one slice of bread, spread the goat cheese, and on the other slice, sprinkle feta cheese--as much as you desire. Next put spinach on one side and tomatoes and basil on the other. I next mixed the pepper with the minced garlic and spread that mixture over one side of the sandwich. Once the cheese has slightly melted, press the spinach into it (so it doesn't fall off) and place the spinach half on top of the feta half. Flip your sandwich until grilled to your desire.



I made these sandwiches for three people, so if you're thinking, "dang, this girl loves her garlic," well, you'd be correct, but those ingredients were spread among three sandwiches. I loved it, and you might need a napkin as the tomatoes tend to be juicy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment